Nov 22, 2007

BirthDay Party, Part 2: PRESENTS


BirthDay Party, Part 2: PRESENTS

I promised to tell you about presents.... I always keep my promises!

Presents are very important. Good and well thought-out present can make the person happier and give great pleasure. But sometimes it's not easy to choose the gift. I remember my torments when I was trying to buy a present for my BF - head ache, uncertainty, scruple, tiredness and so on. But it's rather easy to buy a present for my Mom or sister because I know them to the smallest details. So, USE IT!!!! When you are invited to a BDparty ask hero-of-the-occasion's relatives, friends or folks about the present. Perhaps they will be able to help you. Any way they'll tell you about her/his favour or desire.

I have an example. When I was becoming 20 I wanted a fur coat very much. But you can imagine how expansive it is. All my family knew about my secret wish and they talked to all my friends and Granny and aunt and so on. And... they all together collected a big sum and presented it to me so I was able to buy a fur coat I liked.


As for my sister's BD I did the following thing: I phoned everybody who was invited and asked them what were they going to present. This "questioning" was not in vain - three friends were going to buy the same things!!! Of course I corrected their plans and everybody bought good and useful presents.

There are some essential rules of "present giving":
  • Never present useless things (toilet unplugger or yellow stockings)

  • Never present "second hand" things

  • Present the gift you want to get yourself

  • Don't try to solve any problems with your present

  • Try to present PERSONAL gifts (no - microwave oven, kettle, furniture, money; yes - jewel, perfume, if you exactly know the person's taste, some game, cell phone and so on)

  • Even if you don't have enough money don't buy smth. useless. It would be better if you buy just some flowers or chocolate.
  • Always present the gift with a frank smile!!!

  • Beautiful packing can rescue even hopeless present.

TTYS ^_^

No comments: